Access to and sharing of environmental information generated in research projects is important in science. Near real-time and hind-cast generation of environmental information from satellite Earth observations, ocean modelling and field measurements are made available by the Nansen Center for public use. Such services from the Nansen Center includes information on:
- Ocean climate modelling for assement, studies and prediction of past and future climate change.
- Daily monitoring of sea ice cover and dynamics in the Arctic Oceans using satellite Earth observation data.
- Forecasts of ocean and sea ice state variables from the TOPAZ system ocean modelling system for the Atlantic, Norwegian and Arctic oceans.
- Monitoring of harmful algae blooms and water quality from optical satellite Earth observations
- Ocean modelling used for simulations advection of tracers and spreading of pollutants, including radionuclieds, in the world ocean.
- High-resolution satellite radar (SAR) retrievals of ocean winds, sea ice cover, oil spill and ocean currents.
Below is access to the environmental data and modelling forecasts generated within the research projects conducted by the Nansen Center.